Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Where have you been all my life?

Transposing music is my least favorite thing to do. It's not that I'm bad at it, it just takes a lot of time and it's tedious. When I learn a new song I'd rather have the parts written out and the chords written down so I can spend my time playing or coming up with variations - not spend my time listening to the song and figuring out the chords/lead lines.

It's always bugged me that there aren't many tabs out there for worship songs. I have a love/hate relationship with tabs because 90% of tabs (maybe higher?) are wrong, but at least they give you a good place to start.

With all that said... I was really happy to come across this site yesterday: http://guitarpraise.blogspot.com/

They have the most worship tabs I've seen and from the one's I looked at, they're mostly correct! Check it out, it's a good resource.

2 comments:

rhoy pamparo said...

hey mike! i discovered the same site about a week ago while adding a feed in my google reader. and i totally agree, what a great site!

lespaulplayerdoctor said...

Love that site... I actually picked up the Paul Baloche song "Arise" off of it, as we were doing a different version and I hated the guitar part. I ended up combining the two versions and making our own sweet sound.

When I get my equip setup, I think it would be cool to submit our own interps to him to support the cause.

good show. Happy Thanksgiving brother!